Jobs at GCU
Available Job Postings
Case Manager – New Business Processing
New Business Department
Producer Services & New Business Manager
GCU, 5400 Tuscarawas Road, Beaver, PA 15009 (Brighton Twp.)
Looking for an individual to own and manage a caseload of in-process applications, from submission through policy issuing. This individual will be learning and working with our new E-app and App-capture system applications and our new Administration System OIPA. Strong computer skills required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews application submissions for accuracy, obtains any missing information required, by contacting the agent/agency via email or phone
- Sets up cases in systems
- Verifies all contracting requirements are in good order and in a timely manner
- Coordinate and follow up with agents and vendors to make sure all outstanding case requirements are met
- Pursues delivery requirements upon policy delivery
- Master all carrier workflows, application and suitability processes, and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate and support sales, customer service and customer success efforts to ensure a superior and seamless customer experience
- Interacts with Agents/clients via email and phone calls.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Strong computer and phone skills with the ability to learn proficient use of our internal systems
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Track record of success in fast-paced customer service environment
- Highly organized person with superb attention to detail
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely, and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external agents, vendors, and existing office staff
- Motivated self-starter, capable of learning and adapting to new processes and situations
- Excellent relationship building, demonstrating the ability to influence a situation to achieve the best client outcome
- Capacity to prioritize workload and work in fast moving environment
- A teamwork mindset – take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Takes initiative
- Honesty and integrity
- Full Time
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- M-F, 8:30-5:00 pm
- possible overtime
- 1 year (Preferred)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate degree preferred
- Insurance, Nursing, Medical Office, Data Processing, or equivalent work experience a plus.
Member Agent Services Representative
Member Agent Services Representative
Member Agent Services Contact Center
Operations Service Manager
Serves as the primary point of communication with 40,000 plus GCU members and as such, is critical to the organization. Responsible for serving the needs of members as they call into our office, and make proactive outgoing calls to better serve our members’ needs. MSR’s will also be responsible for handling calls from 1000 plus GCU appointed agents in matters dealing with the agents’ clients, as well as technical and procedural issues. As needed, MSR’s, also perform the duties associated with the Reception Desk. The successful MSR will also be proficient in soliciting and obtaining new business, generating referrals, and when necessary, assigning leads to the appropriate agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proper handling of all member and prospective member calls.
- Proper handling of calls from agents regarding their clients, policies, and procedures.
- Looks for new business opportunities and completes all necessary steps to secure new contracts.
- Effectively completes member account reviews.
- Promotes GCU and its core values on every call.
- Documents ALL activities within the CRM.
- Provides timely follow up to all open cases.
- Responsible for performing the duties associated with the Reception Desk as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College degree not required, but preferred. At a minimum, individuals seeking this position must have a high school diploma. Prior experience in customer service, banking, insurance or related financial services is a plus.
Must possess and demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to satisfactorily demonstrate conflict resolution skills along with effective telephone technique. Answer inquiries from Members/Agents on GCU Life and Annuity products within established service standards and quality guidelines. Explain process and procedures associated with multiple products to Members and Agents.
Ability to deal with client balances, interest rates, compute surrender charge percentages, agent commissions, etc.
Able to effectively review member accounts and make suitable recommendations. Exercise appropriate judgment with knowledge of products, services and administration to negotiate proper solutions to Member inquiries. Perform needed research and analysis on Member inquiries covering multiple products.
Must be knowledgeable in Word and Excel at a minimum. Must be able to execute all email functions including sending, receiving, and opening attachments. Experience with Lotus Notes is a plus, along with prior CRM usage.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This position does not require any industry specific licensing.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize duties and be task oriented.
- Ability to work both individually (initiative) as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, follow up, and time management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.