Giving is Good for Everybody.
Cause of the Quarter
Each quarter GCU chooses a charity to raise funds and awareness for on a local and national level. It's one way we give back and invest in the greater community.
Cause: Variety - the Children's Charity
Variety strives to enable kids with disabilities to live life to the fullest with a focus on mobility, communication, and social inclusion and interaction.
Variety believes that no child should be left out, left behind, or isolated, and through its programs and experiences, Variety strives to give children opportunities to discover the possibilities for their own lives, and be a kid, first and foremost.
They have 45 offices in 14 countries! They are organized into 'tents,' similar to GCU's lodges.
How can you help?
3. Connect a family in need to Variety
GCU Home Office
The GCU home office has relationships with many excellent charities, including:
- The American Cancer Society
- Variety - the Children's Charity
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Boy Scouts of America
- The Salvation Army Project Bundle-Up
- Toys for Tots
- Sisters of St. Basil the Great
- Byzantine Catholic Seminary of SS. Cyril and Methodius
Lodges & Districts
On a local level, our lodges and districts have supported countless causes, including:
- The Seeing Eye
- Catholic Charities
- Operation Christmas Child
- Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community
- Linden Food Bank
- St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Tomorrow's Hope
- Many more