Opportunity for students who are enrolled and attending college (or other post-secondary education) as a full-time student during the Fall 2016 term. Part-time students may be eligible if the program in which the applicant is enrolled requires thirty (30) credit hours or less for conferment/completion of degree.
Students will be able to apply online October 3, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
Applications must be completed and submitted in one session by 11:59 pm EST on December 31, 2016 to be eligible.
Once the online application is received and membership requirements are verified, the student will receive an email within 10 business days confirming acceptance of the application and requesting supporting documents be submitted by Monday, January 30, 2017.
Required supporting documents:
- essay - Must be at least five hundred words on the theme "Community Service and You". Use these questions as a guide:
- How have you been involved with community service?
- What is an unmet need in your community?
- How could GCU assist you in future volunteer projects?
- letter of recommendation from parish priest, college chaplain or other clergy - letter must be on parish letterhead and signed.
- grade transcript for Fall 2016 term - Student must have completed at least one semester of post-secondary education by the January 30, 2017 deadline and provide a transcript showing a 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent; transcript may be official or unofficial.
- photo of student - photo is preferred as a .jpg file (at least 300-dpi), but can be an original printed photo, not a photocopy.
The essay must be composed in compliance with standards set forth in the MLA Style Sheet or comparable manual for style and usage. It is suggested to send essay via .pdf format to maintain your formatting. GCU staff is not responsible for correcting essay formats. An essay not following format guidelines may be disregarded by the GCU Scholarship Committee.
Please check out these helpful resources:
- All accepted awardees with a 4.0 cumulative GPA will receive an additional $500.00 award.
- One awardee’s essay will be chosen to receive an additional $500.00.
Required documents are preferred to be emailed to email@example.com. If necessary, documents may be mailed or faxed to:
GCU Scholarship Programs
5400 Tuscarawas Road
Beaver, PA 15009