Opportunity for students who are enrolled and attending their final/senior year in high school. Applicant must be seeking a degree program (Bachelors or Associates) in the following academic year.
Students will be able to apply online October 3, 2016 - December 31, 2016.
Applications must be completed and submitted in one session by 11:59 pm EST on December 31, 2016 to be eligible.
Once the online application is received and membership requirements are verified, the student will receive an email within 10 business days confirming acceptance of the application and requesting supporting documents be submitted by Monday, January 30, 2017.
Required supporting documents:
- letter of recommendation from the coach/instructor/organizer of each sport in which the student has participated. Letter must be on the school/organizer's letterhead and signed.
- letter of participation from the organizer of the event for at least one volunteering/community service activity. Documentation must include the student's full name, nature of the activity and for which organization this activity was performed, date(s) the event took place, and number of volunteer hours worked. Letter must also include name and contact information for the organizer of the activity and be signed.
- school photo - photo is preferred as a .jpg file (at least 300-dpi), but can be an original printed photo, not a photocopy.
- at least one photo of student participating in a sporting activity or in a sports uniform; same guidelines as above.
- current grade transcript showing student has so far maintained a 2.3 GPA.
Required documents may be emailed, mailed or faxed to:
GCU Scholarship Programs
5400 Tuscarawas Road
Beaver, PA 15009